Alhamdulillah, Ramadhan came and passed by…..and I’d like to update my entry on my breastfeeding journey this year. Phew….it was not easy, as expected my supply dropped somewhere in the middle of Ramadhan. I guess, because of the reduction in liquid and food intake.
The first week of Ramadhan my supplies were quite okay, producing 4oz to 5oz per pumping session. Later on I can only pump once a day due to the short working hours from 8.30am to 4.45pm. Most of the time rushing to finish up work and by the time to pump it’s already time to rush back home. My fault I guess, balik tu kekadang sibuk memasak for buka puasa that I didn’t managed to pump. After break fast, Aqib will feed directly and by the time he fell asleep, I managed to pump another 2oz…hahaha…letih babe!
Basically I only pump twice a day, if larat 4 times a day…huhuhu…BUT I also noticed every time period susu drop jugak! so this Ramadhan 2 kali…memanglah sangat2 drop. 😦
One fine day 1 week before raya….my bibik(my maid) ask me a question..
” Cik, kalau susu sudah habis, susu tepung jenis apa nak kasi?” (miss, if the ebm milk stock all ran out, which powder milk brand shall we buy?)
“apa ni….saya besarkan Sarah dulu susu badan hingga 2 tahun, mana ada nak beli/beri susu tepung!” grrrr masa tu hangin la jugak kan sesuka hati dia tanya mcm tu!!! ( I was totally pissed off with her! )
At that time, there was only 4 full bottles of ebm in my deep freezer! Fuhh I was a bit panicky but slowly calmed down. I know exactly what to do….BUT I also know it requires a LOT of effort and determination!! uwaaaa…..
My action plan was to:-
1. Increase Aqib’s food intake from small bowl to big bowl. In between increase rice porridge and more frequent fruit intake.
2. Increase snacks (fruits, baby biscuits) and juice intake in between his milk feed plus a lot of plain water
3. Told my maid, to help me and support me to ensure Aqib get his rights to drink ebm milk till 2 years old. (slow talk to her)
4. To do power pumping and
5. To eat and eat and drink and drink…
6. Reduce outing without Aqib of course! (sangatlah tak suka bila di ajak keluar tanpa anak2- actually I love to have them around even though pening and hassle kan!) hihiihihi
7. Keep pumping,,,,
8. Stay positive….this is not easy kay!
So we both survived throughout end of Ramadhan…and now going through Syawal…
Alhamdulillah, with my full Faith and prayers to Allah…managed to collect 13 full bottles (sikit….but at least something kan?) and today I noticed drastic increase in my pumping session! 8.0 oz 1 session!! Coz I ate a lot?? and of course 1 week of cuti helps a lot, macam rooming in with baby…feeds when my boy demands!
Tak boleh relax, but I will keep trying my best. That is my promise to my son. Moga Allah izikan rancangan kami. Amin.